After such a LONG TIME!
Yeah, I know I owe you all an explanation but I’ll keep that for another post.
First of all, I’d like to thank bikeandbackpacker for nominating me for this blogger recognition award. You guys definitely need to check out their travel blog Bike and Backpacker that is just capital A- amazing!
Rules for this nomination are as follows:
- Write a post to publicize the nomination.
- Express your gratitude to the blog that nominates you and links your post to your website.
- Write about how your blog started.
- Give advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 blogs of which we are followers and to which you want to grant this recognition. You can not include the blog that nominated you.
- Comment on each nominated blog that you have named and provided the link to the post you have created.
How my blog started?
I have made it known in the past that it was just an attempt to check my writing skills. To get views and criticism from strangers who had similar interests. And also to keep up my writing despite how busy I was. And maybe it’s because of the confidence I gained here, I could go on to write a short story collection and get it- Shh! That’s for another post. Hehe.
What I am trying to say is, this entire idea of a blog had been on my mind since the day I had heard of it- pretty long time. But of course, my parents couldn’t trust me to handle something as big as meeting strangers online and even now I had to keep myself incognito. But I won’t blame them. I was a kid back then!
And now it’s been almost 7 months, and though I’ve been annoyingly irregular to the point where other bloggers almost forget my existence, I won’t deny that I had fun reading, writing and participating in challenges in here. So, yup! It’s been fun!
I’M STILL A KID (at heart? You won’t know my age, heh!)
And a newbie. But here’s my attempt.
- Be consistent. Coming from the most whimsical writer under the sun. But yes, if you can’t keep up a post every Friday or once every month, make sure you do type it all when you feel like it. And just don’t give up complaining of a writer’s block. It probably feels like a real thing, but you have Google. Search for writing prompts and keep it going.
- Write what you feel like writing. Participate in a lot of challenges. WordPress has a lot to offer.
- Read a lot. Visit other bloggers and give them your review. It’s awesome how supportive everyone here is.
- Remember to enjoy what you do!
I know I’m supposed to nominate 15 bloggers, but I thought why restrict myself. Yup! This is a nomination for all. Yay! (And I’m lazy)
6. Don’t be lazy.
No, I’m not a hypocrite.
(7. Don’t be a hypocrite)
(8. Don’t be annoying “wink” “wink”)
Readers: Throws a shoe.
Me: Moonwalks out of the room, with a bump on my head.